STAT CHECKS and ALIGNMENT EFFECTS

Torment related discussions

STAT CHECKS and ALIGNMENT EFFECTS

by Stanislav on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:10 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

First of all, let me please say a big THANK YOU to the people running this site! I didn't think there are still Planescape addicts after all these years.

I am a big fan of Planescape Torment myself and I am very happy that somebody here feels the same.

May I ask for a favor please? I’ve completed this game twice and now I want to explore it again. Since I am already familiar with the main line of the game I want to find other interesting details and dialogs and for this reason I’ve read some FAQs and walkthroughs of this game.

In walkthrough by Dan Simpson I’ve found the reference to stat checks and effect on certain phrases Nameless One says on his alignment. When it is said in the walkthrough “if you do this, your alignment will become more Chaotic” or “if you have Intelligence higher than 12 then…”. How is it possible to get so precise numbers and how do you know when your action affects the alignment and when not?

I would be very grateful if you could explain this to me, and maybe give me a tool to estimate this during the game.

All the best!
Stanislav

by Ganesh on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:21 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Just a suggestion...

Why not e-mail Dan Simpson at his Gmail
Ganesh
Administrator

by Stanislav on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:37 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Ganesh wrote:Just a suggestion...

Why not e-mail Dan Simpson at his Gmail

Good suggestion, so he was the first person I've asked.

No reply yet.
Stanislav

by clercqer on Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:29 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

You can easily see that stuff with a decent modding tool for the Infinity Engine (the Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate engine).
Clercqer
clercqer

Return to Planescape: Torment