Keyboard not working - Cannot save game

Torment related discussions

Keyboard not working - Cannot save game

by maopownow on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:33 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Hi
I decided to give this great game another playthrough using all the new fixes and mods but I've run into a weird problem.

I'm using vista 32 on a dell xps laptop. I installed the game with no problems and it runs fine but the keyboard only partially works. For example, esc will clear menus and holding shift will let me use run mode on characters, but other keybinds do not seem to work (it is a USB keyboard but the laptop keyboard has the same problem) like q to save, etc. When i use the mouse to go to the save game screen, I cant type a save game name and it will not let me save. I also cant name map notes or choose dialog choices with the number keys. Graphically the game works fine, it's just this one issue.

I've tried running the game in xp compatibility mode. no luck. I also tried running in win98 mode but the game will not start. I tried reinstalling the game with only the 1.1 patch but no luck there either. I haven't been able to find anyone else that's had this problem so here's hoping someone here will know some things to try.

It's good to see that other people still love this game as much as I do. Hope I get to play it again soon. Thanks in advance for any replies.
maopownow

Return to Planescape: Torment