Installation problem

Torment related discussions

Installation problem

by Laurie on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

My 4 disk set of Planescape Torment will not install in my Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz computer WinXP Home.
I bought the game several years ago and it installed in my older computers. But late last year, my previous HP Pavilion P 4 2 ghz crashed and died. So I bought a new multiprocessor from Dell.

When I put my Disk 1 in the my DVD-RW drive to install the game, the screen comes up and I click on "install". The drive will "whirl" for a few seconds and then stop... no installation (the Icewind Dale trailer will play though). Tried this several times with same result. My disk does have some light scratches from being kept in the cardboard holder, though.

I found out how to do a complete manual installation after setting up a Program Files\ Black Isle\Torment folder. Followed the directions and copied all the info from each disk (while in my D drive) into its folder (cd1, cd2, cd3, cd4) in the Torment folder I made. All cd files from the four disks copied properly into their folders But I cannot find the "torment.ini" file in the cd1 (installation disk) to make the cd path changes under [Alias] through notepad. All I see are the "autorun.exe/autorun.inf" and the "SETUP"/"setup.ini" (configuration settings) files to place the new cd paths into.

Any idea why I am not seeing the Torment.ini file? Or where I can I find it in the Disk1? I checked Disk 2 (play disk) and there is no Torment.ini there.

Like I said, this is a legitimate 4 disk set I bought and still keep it in its original cardboard folding "pocket" style holde when not in use. I still have the original large box and manual.

I love this game for its rich, intense RPG storyline. Planescape Torment is a gem and want to install it in my new computer. Please help!
Laurie

Re: Installation problem

by Laurie on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Finally got the installation disk to work.....

The game is fully installed now.
Laurie

Return to Planescape: Torment