The Order of the Patches

Torment related discussions

The Order of the Patches

by rtricoche on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:28 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

I asked the webmaster a question and he (assuming it’s a he. Sorry if you are not) suggested that I post the question here so that we may all benefit from his answer.
My question was; since I was thinking of revisiting Planescape Torment on my Vista system, I didn’t realize there were so many patches and mods. So my question was twofold.
1. What would be the appropriate order in which to download the proper patches and mods so that I may have the best gaming experience?
2. Just out of curiosity, where does Vista keep the save game files.

Hope we can all learn from this. Well at least those of us not in the know.
rtricoche

Re: The Order of the Patches

by Ganesh on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:31 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

The 3 patches at http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/trip ... e_to_qwinn
are sufficient (PS:T Fixpack v1 - PS:T Unfinished Business v1 - Qwinn’s PS:T Tweaks v1 )

If you are using a widescreen monitor, you may also want to install the widescreen mod.

And if you have the 4 CD version, you need to install the Planescape: Torment Official Patch 1.1 as well. The 2 CD version does not need this.
Ganesh
Administrator

Re: The Order of the Patches

by Blackice2008 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:34 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Hey, you didnt answer his second question. Im also looking for the save files on vista here, i cant find em anywhere. I found out they are supposed to be .gam files, but a search doesnt find any at all. I want to copy the saves from my laptop to my desktop pc so does anyone know where they are stored?
Blackice2008

Return to Planescape: Torment