Review Pioneer DVR530H-S

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums goes here. Well, really not anything - but you get the idea

Review Pioneer DVR530H-S

by Pace on Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:26 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Hi Ganesh,

I found your review of the Pioneer DVR530H-S very helpful. I guess some of the most intereseting features aren't as promising as they seem. Particularly the Digital Jukebox function. I was wondering though if there is a DVD HDD recorder around that does rip audio CD's to mp3. Have you seen or heard of any?

Pace.
Pace

by Ganesh on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:41 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

i have not reviewed other units ... you may want to look at the panasonic models ..
Ganesh
Administrator

Pioneer 530H Does it have RF Video output?

by PeterC on Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:19 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Pioneer 530H I have just bought one.

My TV is an old one without AV input.
I can not get any response from the RF out terminal. Have tried (about 1000000 times!) to tune TV to it with no response.

Can someone please try to see of they can get a signal? Should I take it back? (Or buy a new TV)

Does this Player have RF Video output?
PeterC

by Ganesh on Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:34 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

yep it does.. but I have not tried it personally.. call pioneer support or e-mail them.. they have a technical helpdesk
Ganesh
Administrator

How to convert poor quality NTSC VCR tapes to (NTSC) DVDs ?

by marman on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:12 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

I just wanted to buy the Pioneer DVR530H-S, but after reading your review I got some serious doubts. I mainly need such a DVD recorder to transfer my old NTSC VCR tapes onto DVDs. So, to overcome the problems you pointed out which suggestions could you give me ?

marman
marman

by Ganesh on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:22 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

nothing more than what the review said - it does not work with mouldy tapes
Ganesh
Administrator

by Guest on Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:42 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Thank you for your reply.

Are you aware of other DVD recorders (brands) that work good on this ?
I just hope this problem pertains only to a few machines (!?)

marman

by Ganesh on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:28 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

no idea sorry
Ganesh
Administrator

pioneer DVR-530H-s

by dan on Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:18 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Hi Ganesh,

Great review, very helpful. I have just purchased this unit and you have saved me alot of time trying to figure out what it can and cannot do, thanks! I am generally pretty happy with it except for one problem. The picture quality of DVD playback is very grainy, not the quality you would expect from a good DVD player. Compartively my old Sony PS2 shows a much clearer and sharper picure of the same DVD. The picure from my digital stb is also much better quality (I'm not sure if this should be comparable?). Interestingly, playing the digital stb into the unit on Svideo, still gives a better picture than DVD playback.

I have played with the picture adjustments on the unit, none of them seem to make any difference to the grainyness of the image. Was wondering whether you noticed any problems like this, and if you have any suggestions on how to adjust the picture or what the cause may be.

Btw, have already returned the unit and exchanged for a new one, with no difference.

Cheers,
Dan
dan

by Ganesh on Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:30 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

are you using component out? if yes, try other connectors, if no, try component out..

did you try enabling progressive scan?

thats the best i can help
Ganesh
Administrator

pioneer DVR-530H-s

by Dan on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:56 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

thanks for the reply, have tried all connections, component is better colour but still grainy when playing back DVD, and also HDD I have now noticed.

weird how watching the stb image through the unit is fine, but playing back a HDD recording of the stb is grainy, as is DVD playback. its a shame the playback is not as good as the input.

so you obviously don't have the same problem?
Dan

by Ganesh on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:23 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

nope, no problem.

video that is recorded at EP are grainy.

try it on a different TV

consider bringing the unit to the service center and testing it live there
Ganesh
Administrator

Return to General Chat