crazy computer

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums goes here. Well, really not anything - but you get the idea

by yingy52 on Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:00 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

:D My computer will once in awhile just drop off the line and restart itself. What the hell is going on?
yingy52

by Ganesh on Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:26 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Many possibilities

- bad ram
- unstable OS (Win9x)
- bad m/b

explain your problem with more details, also say how u got the problem
Ganesh
Administrator

by yingy52 on Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:41 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Hi and thanx. It's xp pro. Been going on for about 6 months. I have gone into the power settings and checked "always on". I just added RAM so I have 224 available. In the begining I would notice it when I got up in the morning and blamed it on power outage. ( I live in the Philippines, pretty commen here) Then it would happen while I was using it. I have tried to time the shutdowns to see if some shutdown timer is working somewhere but can't nail it down. I downloaded some operating system programs to see is something I didn't know about was running and no luck. I also went to MSN web sight and had it checked for a worm. Also clean. It's driving me nuts. And only happens every couple of days or so. Thanx again for responding. Mike
yingy52

by Ganesh on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:58 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

Seems hardware related.

did you seat the ram properly, try reseating all the components..

you can also try running the PC barebones - just m/b,cpu,hd and gfx card with minimal ram. if it runs stable, keep on adding hardware and restarting to find out which hardware is causing the problem.
Ganesh
Administrator

Re: crazy computer

by jeomancer20 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

That sounds strange dude.You better check your RAM and some important parts like OS. Hope you figure it out what wrong to your PC.

Return to General Chat