N81 n-gage installation blues

Have some tips you want to share? Or a cool SIS application? Discuss about it here!

N81 n-gage installation blues

by alloy13 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:35 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

I have a N81 phone. I have tried installing games of all sorts to my phone. Firstly, I tried installing games in RAR format, and then found that there is no way i can find the system folder in my phone, in order to paste the APPS & LIBS folders in, even if I try 'display hidden files'. Secondly, I tried installing some in .sis format, but I get this installation not supported error message. Games I have tried installing are Pathway to Glory, and Ghost Recon Jungle Storm. I have already tried reformatting memory card, and reinstalling latest firmware on phone. Please help me out, it seems like i cannot install anything.
alloy13

Re: N81 n-gage installation blues

by Ganesh on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:55 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

You cannot install the old n-gage games in N Series phones as they are based on the old version of Symbian.

Sorry, N Series only supports the new n-gage series.
Ganesh
Administrator

copy theme in n81

by murtaza on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:24 amPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

hey pls can any one tell me how do i install themes in n81 using a usb cable
murtaza

Re: copy theme in n81

by Ganesh on Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:38 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

murtaza wrote:hey pls can any one tell me how do i install themes in n81 using a usb cable

Download the theme - it would be in the form of a SIS file. connect your phone with USB using PC Suite mode. Double-click the SIS file and your phone would begin installing the theme.
Ganesh
Administrator

Return to Nokia NSeries