How do I enable TCP/IP Auto Tuning on windows 7

Bittorrent Speed Optimization Tips, Pioneer DVR Review, N-Gage FAQ, Iriver IMP-400 review, Web Design Mistakes, LCD vs CRT, Dell XPS and all other articles not covered in the other forums in this category goes here!

How do I enable TCP/IP Auto Tuning on windows 7

by fit4life on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:27 pmPostQuick Link PostView Single Post

:?: I was experimenting with the suggestions given on the Maximizing BitTorrent Speeds with uTorrent (Guide / Tutorial) to improve speed for utorrent and on the section titled: Further Tips You Can Try For Optimum Speed, paragraph 9, it shows how to disable TCP/IP Auto Tuning helped improve speeds for some people. There it shows how to disable by typing at the cmd prompt: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable, then restart PC. The change make the speed worst, so I tried to type at the cmd prompt: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=enable to reverse the change, but it did not worked. I received error: The parameter is incorrect.

Can someone, please tell me what is the correct statement to type at the cmd prompt to turn on or enable my TCP/IP Auto Tuning? I will greatly appreciate any assistance provided and thank you in advance.
fit4life

Return to Articles Discussion